Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uric Acid Crystals Treatment. Uric Acid Testing
Thumbs Down 
[size=4][b]Uric Acid Crystals Treatment - Uric Acid Testing[/b][/size][hr]
[size=large][b]Definition[/b][/size][hr] Uric acid tests are tests that are done to measure the levels of uric acid in blood serum or in urine.
[size=large][b]Purpose[/b][/size][hr]

[size=medium][b]Key Terms[/b][/size]
<dl> <dl> <dt>[b]Fanconi's syndrome[/b]</dt> <dd>A rare disorder caused by vitamin D deficiency or exposure to heavy metals. </dd> <dt>[b]Gout[/b]</dt> <dd>A metabolic disorder characterized by sudden recurring attacks of arthritis caused by deposits of crystals that build up in the joints due to abnormally high uric acid blood levels. In gout, uric acid may be overproduced, underexcreted, or both. </dd> <dt>[b]Hyperuricemia[/b]</dt> <dd>Excessively high levels of uric acid in the blood, often producing gout. </dd> <dt>[b]Purine[/b]</dt> <dd>A white crystalline substance that is one of the building blocks of DNA. Uric acid is produced when purine is broken down in the body. </dd> <dt>[b]Uric acid[/b]</dt> <dd>A compound resulting from the body's breakdown of purine. It is normally present in human urine only in small amounts. </dd> <dt>[b]Uricosuria[/b]</dt> <dd>Increased levels of uric acid in the urine. </dd> <dt>[b]Wilson's disease[/b]</dt> <dd>A rare hereditary disease marked by the buildup of copper in the liver and brain, causing loss of kidney function.</dd> </dl> </dl>
[size=medium][b]Further Reading[/b][/size]

[size=medium][b]For Your Information[/b][/size]

[list]
[size=medium][b]Books[/b][/size]
[*][i]Laboratory Test Handbook,[/i] edited by David S. Jacobs. Cleveland, OH: Lexi-Comp Inc., 1996. [*][i]Mosby's Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference,[/i] edited by Kathleen Deska Pagana and Timothy James Pagana. St. Louis: Mosby-Year Book, Inc., 1998. [*]Springhouse Corporation. [i]Handbook of Diagnostic Tests,[/i] edited by Matthew Cahill. Springhouse, PA: Springhouse Corporation, 1995. [/list]
[size=medium][b]Bio[/b][/size]

Quote:You wish to learn more about Gout, Purines, or Uric Acid, check out Steve's s The Internet Guides. The Internet Guide: Uric Acid: http://gout.smartadssecrets.com/uric_acid.

[size=large][b]Uric Acid is a Waste Product that Results from the[/b][/size][hr]Breakdown of purine, a nucleic acid. (Nucleic acids are the building blocks of DNA.) Uric acid is made in the liver and excreted by the kidneys. If the liver produces too much uric acid or the kidneys excrete too little, the patient will have too much uric acid in the blood. This condition is called hyperuricemia. Supersaturated uric acid in the urine (uricosuria) can crystallize to form kidney stones that may block the tubes that lead from the kidneys to the bladder (the ureters).

[size=large][b]The Internet Guide: Gout[/b][/size][hr]Http://gout.smartadsscrets.com The Internet Guide: Purines - http://gout.smartadssecrets.com/purines We have to be very flexible when talking to children about Gout. They seem to interpret things in a different way from the way we see things!

[list][*]The laboratory should also be notified if the patient has had recent x-ray tests requiring contrast dyes.[*]These chemicals increase uric acid levels in urine and decrease them in blood.[/list]

[size=large][b]Precautions[/b][/size][hr]
[size=medium][b]Blood test[/b][/size]
Patients scheduled for a blood test for uric acid should be checked for the following medications: loop diuretics (Diamox, Bumex, Edecrin, or Lasix); ethambutol (Myambutol); vincristine (Oncovin); pyrazinamide (Tebrazid); thiazide diuretics (Naturetin, Hydrex, Diuril, Esidrix, HydroDiuril, Aquatensen, Renese, Diurese); aspirin (low doses); acetaminophen (Tylenol); ascorbic acid (vitamin C preparations); levodopa (Larodopa); or phenacetin. These drugs can affect test results.

Increased [i]production[/i] of uric acid may result from eating foods that are high in purine. Increased uric acid levels due to overproduction may also be caused by gout, by a genetic disorder of purine metabolism, or by metastatic cancer, destruction of red blood cells, leukemia, or cancer chemotherapy.

[list][*]"What are the most effective gout home remedies?" a customer once asked me?[*]I immediately told him that there are many remedies for gout that have received positive feedback from my customers. [*][b]A Step by Step Remedy Gout Remedy[/b] Never piece together a remedy and hope that it works![*]We offer a guaranteed Gout Remedy Report that is research-based, guaranteed and proven to satisfy![*]We have helped thousands of gout sufferers and would love to help you.[*]To learn more about a step by step gout remedy, please visit us today.[*]The first impression is the best impression.[*]We have written this article on Gout Health in such a way that the first impression you get will definitely make you want to read more about it![*][b]Why You Should Treat Gout and Not the Pain[/b] As a natural health expert, I still regularly see the doctor for check-ups.[*]But I do believe that doctor visits are sometimes excessive.[*]For instance, it is reported that doctor visits are exponentially rising in the past decade.[*]Some say that we have become the first generation who are allowing doctors to look over our health. [/list]

Unfortunately, millions of gout sufferers continue to see their doctor about the arthritis condition that usually affects the big toe. And after an expensive doctor visit and a more expensive prescription of pain killers, you still don't have a cure for gout but only a treatment for the pain.

[list][*][b]Tips to Decrease Uric Acid Levels and Cure Gout[/b] Here are some tips we discuss in our Gout Home Remedies Report. [b]1.[*]Your Diet-[/b] You should learn what foods and beverages put you at risk for higher levels of uric acid formation.[*]Stay away from purines.[*]Foods that should be eliminated are red meats, fish roe, scallops, shellfish, beans, lentils, peas and alcohol.[*]The case of gout, you can be the health provider at the comfort of your home because gout can be cured naturally.[*]In fact, some gout home remedies have been shown to reduce the pain and cure the uric crystals that cause the flare-up of gout.[/list]

[b]5. Fruity Therapy-[/b] Water soluble fiber is very beneficial to your health. There are at least 20 reasons to be eating fruits and veggies. A couple reasons are that some fruits actually neutralize uric acid and flush uric acid. Fiber is notorious for flushing the body and uric acid is excluded from the flush.

[b]3. Flush Uric Acid-[/b] You can naturally flush uric acid with water. Go and buy a Nalgene water bottle and begin measuring how much water you drink per day. You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces per day. We have included the history of Gout Sufferers here so that you will learn more about its history. It is only through it's history can you learn more about Gout Sufferers.

[b]2. Your weight-[/b] Do you know what your BMI is? Checking your body mass index can allow you to see what your ideal weight is. You should always try to be within 30 lbs. of your ideal weight. Obesity increases the risk of uric acid. Don't be surprised if you find anything unusual here about Gout Remedies. There has been some interesting and unusual things here worth reading.

[list][*]But with all the home remedies out there, what are the safest, simplest and most effective remedies for gout?[*]That might depend upon your situation but usually you can treat the arthritic pain of gout without ever stepping foot into a hospital. [*]And in most cases, doctors do not have an answer for treating the gout causing uric acid.[*]They simply provide patients with pain relieving NSAIDs. Wink[/list]

However, metabolic arthritis and gout natural cures, you can say good bye to the pain and the high uric acid levels which cause gout.