Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Find a Gout Free Diet
Wink 
[size=4][b]Gout Attack - How to Find a Gout Free Diet[/b][/size][hr]Finding a gout free diet may be simpler than you first think and it may surprise you to know that are a surprising number of additional benefits that can be had.

[size=large][b]Uric Acid is Naturally Produced by the Body and is an Antioxidant[/b][/size][hr]During the metabolizing process it is dissolved in the blood stream and then excreted via the kidneys and intestines. However, too much can be a bad thing, leading to a situation within the body called hyperuricemia.

[b]When you are looking to implement a gout free diet you need to ensure that you avoid these trigger foods and substitute them for gout friendly foods such as, cereals, fruits, complex carbohydrates, rice, leafy green vegetables and low fat milk products.[/b]

[size=large][b]Ensure that You are Keeping Your Body Sufficiently Hydrated by Drinking At Minimum 6[/b][/size][hr]8 eight ounce glasses of water. Dehydration will increase uric acid levels as without enough water uric acid will become more concentrated in the blood and the kidneys will struggle to expel it. By staying hydrated you will dilute the uric acid and the kidneys will have a easier time of the elimination process.

[size=large][b]Hyperuricemia is When Uric Acid Levels are Too High and can Lead to Gout and Kidney Stones[/b][/size][hr]Also, a recent study by doctors at John Hopkins University Hospital found that cognitive functions can be reduced if there is increased Uric Acid in the body. The research was carried out on just under 100 people between the ages of 65 - 92.

Quote:[list][*]They found that elevated levels of uric acid meant that people were more likely to have below average scores on cognitive function tests.[*]So, not only can high uric acid levels lead to a painful gout attack, but can negatively effect your verbal and memory scores.[*]More reason to find a gout free diet that will help to lower uric acid levels. [/list]

Although gout is can be a hereditary condition where the body fails to process uric acid efficiently, you can help your body regain its balance by minimizing external factors that raise uric acid levels. One of the main factors that you can control to alleviate gout is to reduce the levels of purine rich foods consumed. We found it rather unbelievable to find out that there is so much to learn on Gout! Wonder if you could believe it after going through it!

[size=large][b]When Purine is Ingested the Waste by-Product is Uric Acid[/b][/size][hr]Purine is found in many of our foods and in all proteins to a greater or lesser degree. Nothing abusive about Gout Attack have been intentionally added here. Whatever it is that we have added, is all informative and productive to you.

[size=large][b]Having Excess Uric Acid in the Blood Stream Causes Gout[/b][/size][hr]When it reaches saturation point, the uric acid crystallizes and deposits itself into the spaces between joints and the soft tissue that surrounds them. These crystals cause the arthritic symptoms - the red, swollen, hot and sore-to-touch joints that characterize gout and the symptoms can come on very suddenly. Our dreams of writing a lengthy article on Purine has finally materialized Through this article on Purine. however, only if you acknowledge its use, will we feel gratitude for writing it!

[list][*]Question : I WAS told by my doctor recently that I have gout.[*]My uric acid level is high.[*]Since this may be at an early stage as I just had the pain attack, how can I manage it?[*]Are there any supplements that can help?[/list]

Answer : GOUT is a common type of arthritis caused by an increased concentration of uric acid, a by-product of protein metabolism in the liver. It affects more men than women. Sudden attacks of severe joint pains occur when sharp crystals of uric acid (monosodium urates) form in the fluid surrounding a joint due to an elevated level of uric acid in the blood. You may be filled with astonishment with the amount of information we have compile here on Uric Acid Level. that was our intention, to astonish you.

[list][*]Foods that contain a high level of purine should be avoided, and these include red meats, organ meats and shellfish.[*]There are several herbs that have proven benefits for painful joints.[*]Celery seed and guaiacum are two very popular ones.[*]These are usually combined with other herbs such as ginger, capsicum and sarsaparilla for better synergistic effect.[*]Celery seed (Apium graveolens) helps the kidneys dispose urates and other unwanted waste products as well as working to reduce acidity in the body.[*]The seeds are also a carminative, with a mild tranquilising effect.[*]Guaiacum is used in Europe, especially in Britain, to help with arthritic and rheumatic conditions.[*]It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce muscle aches, joint pains and swelling.[*]It is also diuretic and speeds the elimination of toxins, which makes it valuable for treating gout.[*]Gout Uric proved to be the foundation for the writing of this page.[*]We have used all facts and definitions of Gout Uric to produce worthwhile reading material for you.[*]Increase your intake of foods high in dietary fibre (vegetables, fruits) and complex carbohydrates (oats, barley, bran).[*]Reduce or avoid alcohol and caffeine consumption.[*]Wheat, dairy products, corn, beef, tomato, potato, eggplant and peppers can aggravate arthritis.[*]Light exercises like brisk walking help to keep the joint cartilage lubricated.[*]Being overweight can burden the joints, especially the knees, thus aggravating the pain.[*]Losing some weight will be of benefit.[*]Our objective of this article on Uric Acid Level was to arouse your interest in it.[*]Bring back the acquired knowledge of Uric Acid Level, and compare it with what we have printed here. Big Grin[/list]

[i]To maintain healthy joints, you need to refrain from the consumption of rich fatty foods, refined carbohydrates and alcohol, as they can be converted by the body into inflammatory substances that can aggravate the condition.[/i]